Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Park City Vacation

Last week we were able to go on vacation to Park City for a week. It was so much fun. There is nothing better than relaxing and shopping (at least for me) for a whole week. I was even able to do a little scrapbooking. Of course Garret was very excited to go because is just happened to be when the NCAA tournament was going on. Garret's family was able to come up and spend a couple of days with us. We had a blast hanging out, swimming, shopping, and eating.

Jeff and Jill invited everyone over for dinner one of the nights. It was very delicious and tons of fun to be together. Thank you Jill for the yummy dinner. Jeff has quite the little (actually huge) set up at his house. Jace loved seeing all his toys and animals. While the rest of us tried to hide how jealous we all were of his great house and yard.

Here are some pictures from our trip:

Jacer sporting his sweet sunglasses.

Jace loved swimming in the heated pools even when it was snowing all around us.

I can never get enough kisses!




We made several Slurpee runs. Jace especially liked it when he could hold it himself.

Splashing in the tub with Preslie.

Jacer and Preslie having a ball in the tub.

Jace had to ride a cart every time we walked out in the halls. Preslie enjoyed the sweet rides also. Jacer also thought that he was in charge of pushing all of the buttons on the elevators. He would say star (which was by the lobby button) every time we would get on the elevators.

Cheap entertainment.

Jace and Garret watching "Bolt" Jacer's new favorite movie.

Jace was restless the one night so we took him to Petco to see the animals. He thought it was the best thing. He would run from the fish tanks, to the birds, to the hamsters until they closed and kicked us out.

Jacer thinks that there is nothing better than being naked or "nannied" as he says. He spent a lot of hours naked on our vacation.
Some other sweet details for our trip:
Garret was on a mission to come home with all clean clothes. Thanks to a washer and dryer in our room this was an easy thing. Even though I had bought some laundry soap he insisted on taking the soap from the cleaning carts. He found it to be such a thrill. He almost got caught several times. I can't even imagine where he got that from.
The hotel had activities planned all day long every day. We took Jacer into the activity room several times. He loved the bean bags and toys they had for little tots. Every time we had to go we would leave with him kicking and screaming all the way to the room. (something he is very good at right now)
Since neither of us ski we decided to go watch other people ski instead. It was so fun to watch them go off the big jumps. It is quite a site to see all of the ski slopes lit up at night. I tried to take a picture but it didn't turn out.
We had a great vacation and it has been hard to get back to reality.

8 comments:

The Russell Family said...

Love him and miss him!! Thanks for the fun vacation, it was the best. I love your cute Birthday card you made me! Your so talented Trulie! Tell Garret I am proud of him being a clepto :) The maids carts are the best. Ps we need to post our cute new purses

Justin & Ashlee said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Vacations are the best :)

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

OH, man, you have no idea how bad I wanted to come! That part about Garret taking the soap made me laugh right out loud (I'm guessing that came from my dad. Just guessing, though), which made Hudson come over to computer and he was THRILLED to see Jace's Lightning McQueen shirt. he is jealous. How FUN! I am missing you guys so much, please let me know what you decide about Jacer's Birthday.

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

OK, and what's this about a new purse? I can't wait to tell Dustin, I think you actually may be worse than me...I LOVE it!

JAY AND JOSIE WEBB FAMILY said...

We had sooo much fun crashing your vacation! Thanks for letting us! It was so nice of you to share your vacation with Jenna's birthday party :) Love you!

Ashley Webb said...

Cute pictures! I can't believe he's 2 now!! Wow, how the time flies! Give him a little birthday spanking from us. :) Just kidding.

Jill said...

Trulie,

The pictures look so fun. I am glad you got to go and had so much fun. And thank you so much for the darling photo album!! That was so nice of you. You guys are awesome.

Benny Boo and Linsey Lou said...

I love your blog! You are a great blogger, I don't know what you are talking about. Looks like you guys have a lot of fun :). I laughed, I cried... lol Let me know what your email is and I'll invite you to ours!